This document explains detail features of VevoPay – The ASP.NET PCI compliant payment application.
VevoPay serves a storefront application as a PCI compliant payment module to process payment securely.
To log in to VevoPay control panel page if you set VevoPay application as subdirectory under your storefront application, you can browse to your VevoPay website by enter the following address:
For example if you set up a local application and run VevoPay application as subdirectory, the address would be:
For a live environment, it would be:
Alternatively if you set VevoPay as new web application separate from your storefront application, you can browse to your VevoPay website by enter the following address:
For example if you develop your application locally, the address may be:
For a live environment, it may be:
This section allows you to configuration payment application as follows:
- SSL Enabled
- Enable or disable SSL for VevoPay Application. This will affect both payment processing and admin panel browsing.
- Store offline credit card history (days)
- Set numbers of days to store the credit card data. The credit card data will need to be kept when using “Offline Credit Card” payment method.
- Clear Expired History Now button
- Click to clear the credit card data that have already expired.
- VevoPay uses a “CountryState.xml” file for retrieve country and state list. And this file will not relative to country and state list in your storefront application. If you have update country or state in storefront application you will need to update “CountryState.xml” file too.
- You can update “CountryState.xml” file in following ways:
- Update From web site
- This way you will retrieve country and state list from your storefront application. You can get it by set “Update From web site.” textbox with your storefront URL, which provides country and state data to VevoPay and click “Retrieve” button then system will generate “CountryState.xml” that have same country and state list as your storefront automatically.
- For example:
- You can retrieve country and state list from VevoCart (storefront application) by enter http://localhost/VevoCart/GetCountryState.aspx in “Update From web site.” textbox and click “Retrieve” button.
- Upload XML File
- You may edit your “CountryState.xml” file manually and upload it again by using this option.
- Click “Test” button to verify write permission for necessary folders. If all of the folders have write permission, the message will show “Test passed successfully”. If not, the screen will show “Test failed” message and show the list of folder(s) that do not have write permission. The folders that will be tested are:
- Encrypt the connection string
- Select “Yes” to encrypt your connection string.
- Period of time to keep log data
- Set numbers of years to store the log data.
- Clear Now
- Click to clear the log data that have already expired.
- Storefront path
- Set path to your storefront website.
This section is used for some payment methods that need specify configuration in the VevoPay directly.
- The Link Point payment method required “Key File” (.PEM file) while processing payment.You will need to upload the PEM file here.
VevoPay uses Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) Cryptography to encrypt the sensitive data (e.g. credit card numbers) that will be stored to the database. The encryption key will be used to encrypt and decrypt the data. You can manage the encryption key in this menu.
- You can change encryption key in this screen. You need to enter old pass phrase and new pass phrase key to create new encryption key. The pass phrase must be at least 10 characters with at least one alphabet, one number and one symbol.
- Note** Please back up your database and encryption key file
- (WebApp\App_Data\System\ EncryptionKey.config) first before proceeding.
This page will show the important activity logs of VevoPay, such as login, encryption key change, configuration change.
There can be more than one administrator in the system. Each one can be limited to access only certain areas of the Admin website.
: The default user “admin” have all the privileges and cannot be deleted.
The Admin Accounts menu allows you to choose the menus that certain administrator can access. You can specify whether this admin user can view or modify the data.