VevoCart Multi Vendor Guide
You can set the following vendor configurations by clicking on Stores menu and then go to Vendor tab.
- Commission Method: Merchant can select between Fix and Percentage to calculate commission from vendor.
- Commission Value: If commission method is percentage, this value will be percentage. If commission method is fix, this value will be the amount of money.
- Include Shipping Cost for Commission Calculation: For commission method of Percentage, a shipping cost will be included to calculate commission if enabled. If not enabled, a shipping cost will not be included. If commission method is Fix, this configuration will be neglected.
- Auto Approve Vendor: If enabled, vendors can use their accounts right after the registration. If not, a merchant needs to approve them before them being able to log in to the account.
- Number of Displayed Vendors:
- Vendor Search Box: Enable or disable a search box for vendor on the left menu at front store.
A vendor can register the account at front store by going to footer and click on 'Apply to sell with us'. Afterward, a vendor will be brought to the below registering page.
A merchant can hover on Vendors header menu, and then clicks on Vendors submenu to see a list of all vendors in a store. On this page a merchant can click to add, edit, and delete vendors.
- To add a vendor, a merchant clicks on the Add button located at the upper left corner. A merchant will be directed to VendorAdd page to fill in the required fill before clicking on Add Vendor button to finish adding.Number of Displayed Vendors:
- To delete a vendor, a merchant checks a checkbox in the leftmost column of the vendor that wants to be deleted, and then clicks on Delete button located beside Add button.
- To edit a vendor, a merchant clicks on an edit button in the rightmost column. A merchant will be redirected to VendorEdit page to edit a vendor's details, and then clicks on Update Vendor button to finish editting.
- When a vendor finishes registration, then s/he needs an approval from a merchant. A merchant can do this on VendorEdit page. To go to this page, a merchant hovers on Vendors header menu, then clicks on Vendors submenu, and clicks on an edit image button that is placed on the rightmost column.
- A merchant check on Enabled (Approved) checkbox to approve a vendor.
- Beside from the configuration's commission, a merchant can choose to set a commission for each individual vendor. If an Individual Commission is checked, Commission Method and Commission Value will be prompted to a merchant to fill in and select.
Account Balance is a page to help a merchant calculate vendor payment and commission. Because all the payments that buyers pay will go to a merchant's account, Account Balance lists the income of merchant and the commission once the order is placed at front store. And after a merchant manually pays to a vendor, the merchant then can add a payout in this page to calculate the remaining payment that the merchant needs to pay.
Therefore, this page contains two kinds of data - the merchant's income(namely order) and the merchant's expenditure(namely payout).
- PayoutID: PayoutID covers both payout and order. Please note that each order also has its own OrderID which is not neccessary equal to its PayoutID.
- Vendor Company: an income or a payout belongs to this vendor company.
- Sales Period: Sale period for each payout; if a data is an order, there will be no sale period.
- Order Total: Order total for each order, if a data is a payout, there will be no order total.
- Commission: A vendor commission for each order according to the global or individual configuration. If a data is payout, there will be no commission.
- Payment Amount: If a data is an order, this Payment Amount indicates a merchant's income which equals to order total subtracted by commission. If a data is a payout, this Payment Amount indicates an expenditure of merchant already paid to a vendor.
- Date: Created date for both order and payout.
- Payment: If a data is an order, this field indicates its OrderID. If a data is a payout, this field indicates a payment method.
To add a payout, a merchant clicks on the green Add button located at the top-left corner. A merchant then fill in the required fields. However, as of the Multi-Vendor Vevocart's current version, the Comment field is not yet implemented to be displayed in Account Balance page.
After registration and approving, vendor can go to his/her management panel through this url 'www.yourdomain.com/vendor', and then log in to the account.
The followings are the menus and their descriptions in the Vendor Panel.
- Dashboard: This page summarize vendor's sales including order total, number of order, number of items sold, and more in a given period of time in either tabula view or graphic view.
- Vendor --> Account Information: Vendor can edit most of his/her information in this page.
- Vendor --> Account Balance: In this page, a vendor can see his/her payment details including orders from buyers and payouts by an admin.
- Catalog --> Product: A vendor can see the list of his/her products here, and also add, edit, and delete a product.
- Catalog --> ProductOption: A vendor can see the list of his/her product options here, and also add, edit, and delete a product option.
- Product Bulk Import: A vendor can import his/her products from a csv file in this page.
- Product/Order Bulk Export: In this page, a vendor can export his/her orders and/or products to a csv file.
- Order: A vendor can see the list of his/her orders here, and also edit and delete an order. But s/he cannot add them.
- Setting --> Tax: A vendor can see the list of his/her tax classes here, and also add, edit, and delete them.
- Setting --> Shipping: A vendor can see the list of his/her tax shipping methods here, and also add, edit, and delete them. Please note that as of current version of Multi-Vendor Vevocart, a vendor is not able to add a real-time shipping method yet.